This Blog is dedicated to Carolyn Diane. Known as Charlie by many family and friends, she was a psychologist who dabbled in romance writing. After her death at a very early age (39) from a brain aneurysm, I found a novel she'd written and submitted to Harlequin Romance. Unfortunately for Charlie, the novel was rejected. As I've read through her pinning, I thought - this is what romance novels were all about in the 70s. Today's books are filled with nonsense.
For those of you who laid in the backyard, listening to the Top 40 with Casey Kasem, slathered in Baby Oil and read the five & dime store romance books - perhaps this novel will take you back to a simpler time. One filled with hopes and dreams and possibilities.
Here's to you Charlie.
For those of you who laid in the backyard, listening to the Top 40 with Casey Kasem, slathered in Baby Oil and read the five & dime store romance books - perhaps this novel will take you back to a simpler time. One filled with hopes and dreams and possibilities.
Here's to you Charlie.
Comments
Post a Comment